Parallel processing in reading
How can we understand reading as a parallel rather than serial process?
This project is the umbrella for a large research program encompassing behavioral, eye-tracking, modelling, and neuroimaging experiments as part of an ERC Advanced Grant looking at parallel orthographic and sentence processing during reading. The PI on this project is Jonathan Grainger.
- Activation of syntax-sensitive structures in the reading brain
- The sentence superiority effect in the reading brain
- Parafoveal-on-foveal repetition effects in sentence reading: A co-registered eye-tracking and electroencephalogram study
- Language production in aphasia
- Positional cueing, string location variability, and letter-in-string identification